Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pencil And Charcoal Portrait Of A Young Man Looking Over His Shoulder

This is a drawing of a face in pencil and charcoal. It is a portrait of a young man looking over his shoulder. The lighting in my resource material was very interesting and had strong shadows on the far side of the face.

I liked drawing this because of the opportunity to do a slightly minimalist approach and the complexity of the shadow areas.


Pencil and charcoal sketch of a man looking over his shoulder.


I started drawing with an HB pencil then went to a 2b then 4b.  After using the stub to smooth things out a bit I used light, medium, and dark charcoal pencils.  I didn't use an eraser until the very last for a sort of cleaning up.

It was about an hour and a half and very relaxing. The paper size is 5x9.

_________________________


I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 


Adron

Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.


 Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.