Saturday, June 13, 2015

Charcoal and pencil portrait of a fashon model with full lips

This is a little project I did while giving an art lesson to a very talented student. We were working from photos in fashion magazines. The resource material was not very helpful, and the light was poor, so I had to contrive a few effects to get a satisfactory result.  I finished the project without the aid of the resource material, so much of this is improvised.


Charcoal and pencil sketch of a fashion model with full lips. 


I started drawing with an HB pencil and then went to a 6b. Later I used a light and medium charcoal pencil for the deeper values. I came back over the charcoal with the HB pencil to get a little rubbing in and blending.  I use the blending stub liberally in the shadows and on the left background.

I really enjoyed the project.

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

 Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.