Friday, July 22, 2011

Mixed Media Portrait of a Young Woman.

This portrait is of a model from an advertisement that came in the mail. This is drawn in multi media using mostly wax pencil for the browns and black and professional color pencils for the some subtle tones. I used a blending stub extensively on this which was a challenge since the wax pencils do not blend well. I had to go back over it with a vinyl eraser to restore some of the highlights, I normally do not use a vinyl eraser since it damages the paper but the paper in my sketchbook was already marred by pressure of drawings on previous pages.

I used a scanner to transfer  this to the web and the scanner was a cheep one which gives the paper a rosy tone, the picture is really a nice one to see in real life. 




Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.