Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Portrait Of A Young Man In Shadow

Here is a portrait of a man who was in a Shadow and only part of his face was clearly visible.

I did this in Charcoal. I am doing a lot more of Charcoal drawing these days. They are the best way to master value and tone. Shading is a lot of adventure when you are working in charcoal and you can have a very gratifying experience with blending stubs. If I could do a charcoal portrait every day I think I would be a happy man. (Happier if I could get paid for them).

Charcoal Portrait of a Man In Shadow.

This young Man had a very short haircut almost shaved I used a little texturing on the hair and kept it minimal to contrast with the smooth shadows. I avoid drawing glasses on a face since they are hard to get even and I think distract from the expression but with the shadow the glasses were standing out brightly and I thought it even added to the interest of the face.



I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

 Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.