Tuesday, November 22, 2011

High School Senior Portrait Charcoal Sketch.

Senior Picture.

This is a portrait I sketched of a young man. I drew this from his Senior Picture taken at his High School.  I really wanted to keep the focus on his face not on the hair so I just blocked in the hair but to keep it interesting I used the texture of the paper to give contrast to the smooth blending I did on the face. The photo I sketched from was about 1 inch x 1.5 inches. It is difficult to get the details but on the other hand you have the simplified basics and that can be a nice picture. I spent about 7 hours on this. I am very happy with the results.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

 Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.