Thursday, February 2, 2017

Watercolor pencil and marker portrait of woman in 3/4 view

This is a little doodle I did with some watercolor pencils and I finished it up with a marker.  It is an ok picture and really a project that was a practice piece.  I wish I had my kneaded erasure with me so I could have lifted out some of the pencil that I used for the basic drawing- it just goes to show you that you should always be prepared.

Using watercolor pencils are not something I do often but I didn't want to get all involved with setting up my paints. Watercolor pencils are easy to sketch with and then you can wash over them to blend and deepen the colors. They are a little hard for me to control still but I hope with more practice that I will get the hang of it.

The picture turned out a little more representational than I wanted it to look I was hoping for something more artsy.

Watercolor pencil and marker portrait.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. 
Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Use the search box to find more of my work you might like or try one of the favorites in the sidebar.

Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.

(c) Adron