Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Drawing Of Hand Outstretched

A drawing of a hand with fingers outstretched. Drawn in charcoal and pencil.

Drawing of hand outstretched.
The best way to learn how to draw hands is to draw hands, so I am sketching some as practice. There are many theories about drawing hands but nothing beats just doing it.

I drew this first in 2b pencil developing the outline by mentally measuring points against points. To do this I would imagine a grid over the image and compare points with other points on the grid.

After the outline I did the first rough in with the 2b pencil by shading in the lightest tones and then buffed them with a stub.

I followed that with a go over of the darkest areas using a light charcoal pencil which I blended slightly. I went over some of the medium values again with the 2b and blended then finished the details with the pencil.

I did a little touch up with the charcoal and then called it done.

I purposely quit the project before it looked too finished. I could strive for a more photographic results, and if I had the time maybe I would, but lately I have felt that drawings should look like drawings.

I am mostly happy with the sketch and will keep it to measure my progress toward improvement in rendering hands.



I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look,
Click on an image in the sidebar to view my most popular. 
Adron 


Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.

(c) Adron Dozat