Thursday, May 23, 2013

Charcoal Portrait of Spanish Singer

This is a portrait I did for my own pleasure. I took a little time on it and just had a good time. It is of a spanish woman who sings at local concerts.

Charcoal Sketch of Spanish Singer.
I began with a pencil sketch then went over it with a light charcoal pencil and moved to darker pencils. I used a blending stub a lot and even replaced the pencil with the stub for some of the softer lines. I came back to the 2b graphite pencil to sharpen some of the details. The last thing I did was to stain the paper a half shade with a dirty stub so the highlights in the face would be a little brighter.

I feel about 90% satisfied with the project. There are a few minor changes I would make if I had time but I am out of time and have to move on to other projects.

____________________________________________



Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.

Use the buttons below to share this with your social network.