Monday, April 24, 2017

Watercolor Portrait of Young Woman Looking Down

I spent a few days working on this watercolor portrait. It was a very enjoyable project and a very frustrating project at the same time. 

My model is one of my favorite young ladies who is one of the sweetness people I know I was hoping to capture her sweetness in this project.  

The over face turned out well but the photo doesn't do it justice. I began with a wash of light rose and then went over with some senna and violets to get the shading in and the highlights.

The hair in the reference photos I took was a mess. She has beautiful long hair but it was all over her knit shirt.  I should have simplified the hair and edited it with more care to give the picture a greater unity.

I may come back to it later and try to clean up the hair a bit. I'll try lifting some of it out with a brush of clear water and paper towel. Then reintroduce the fix with a fresh application of color. I might use black acrylic or even black gesso to the hair.

Watercolor Portrait of Young Asian Woman With Long Hair.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. 
Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Use the search box to find more of my work you might like or try one of the favorites in the sidebar.

Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.

(c) Adron