Saturday, October 15, 2011

Charcoal Sketch of a Young Model's Face

Charcoal Sketch of a Young Model's Face
I really enjoyed working on this charcoal sketch. I just got bored with it after a few hours and even now see a few things I would redo and fix up.  This is a young lady who was a model for a department store. I embellished the hair a little to make it more fanciful. I left the garment underdeveloped on purpose since I didn't want to take away from her face. The shadowing was tricky since she has a light complexion and the lighting was stark.  I worked on this for a couple of hours one day and an hour or two on a several days over the week. If I took a few more hours it would look even better but I am pressed to do projects that have commitments and not these fun things.
Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.