Thursday, March 28, 2013

Quick Sketch of Man In Coat


Quick Charcoal Sketch of a man in a coat.

I drew this when I had an extra half hour to kill. It was inspired by a guy in the waiting room at the kid's doctor. I started with a hb graphite pencil and did the rough sketch then moved to 2b charcoal pencil and alternated between those and a medium charcoal pencil. I have been experimenting with using a graphite pencil over the charcoal to see if it gives a different effect. I think it gives a compromise blend between the two. I will need to study it more.

I did not use the blending stub on this at all. time did not allow and my time with the model was too short.


___________________________________________________

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. 
Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.