Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pencil and Charcoal Portrait of an Old Mountain Man.

I drew this picture while in the waiting room at the doctor's office today. It started as a piece from my imagination. I let it develop on its own. I did not want to do something common so decided to draw a rugged old outdoors type of guy. At first, I was going to draw him face forward but instead give the face a turn to give the picture more interest.



The Mountain Man a Pencil and charcoal Portrait.
After I did a rough draft in pencil I looked around the room and began to get inspiration from the people in the room. Several old men had beards so I worked it in. The winter clothing was an invention of mine. I was trying to get a fleece texture on the cap and collar of his coat

After I finished the face I decided the picture needed something. I feel it is important for a picture to tell a story not just be a picture so I observed a man holding a cell phone and it gave me the idea to put his hand holding something in the picture.

I used a mixture of charcoal and graphite to draw this picture.

I am happy with it,

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.



I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.