Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Watercolor Portrait Of A Young A Young Man With Sideways Look.

This is a little watercolor with some instruction and commentary,   I painted this to relax one night this week. It was inspired by a photo. I sketched it out the other night but didn't have time to paint it until later.

Watercolor portrait of a Young Man with a Sideways look

I started with the background and did some washes in just a few areas. Next I did the shadow areas of the face.
I added the impression of the shirt and jacket but kept it minimal.
I used black in the hair but thought it was too much black so I added violet and blue.
I splashed some blue and reds in the face and built up the shadows.
I wanted to keep away from the warm colors and was going to do it in blacks but thought that lacked imagination so I added a lot of lavenders and violets.

It is a fine painting and I enjoyed painting it. I hope you enjoy looking at it.

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.

Use the share buttons below to save and share this to your social networks.