Thursday, April 18, 2013

Drawing of Young Womanl in a Hat

This is a quick sketch I did of a young lady in a hat. The light was from below so there was some interesting shadows. I liked the light hair and the contrast the hair had with the other textures of the hat.

Pencil and Charcoal drawing of  Young Woman in Hat
I started drawing this in pencil and I am afraid I overdrew the project since I wanted to work on it only for about an hour and was afraid that I might have created a project that was too ambitious for that time frame. The charcoal was only for the deeper shadows and the details around the eyes.

I wanted to focus on the gaze and practice drawing the eyes. I wanted to leave a lot for the imagination and still have a full image.

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.