Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sepia Portrait of Young Woman


Portrait drawn in sepia wax pencil.
Sepia Wax Pencil Portrait of Young Woman
I drew this from a picture of a young lady. It is drawn with three Derwent wax pencils: terracotta, chocolate and ivory black. I used a blending stub on the skin to give it a smoothness but left the hair rough for contrast.

There were a few problems in drawing this that I should have caught early on in the beginning stage of the drawing.

I always have trouble getting sharpness with these crayon like pencils since they do not hold a point very well. I know I could keep sharpening the tips but I just was doing a practice drawing.


Here is a link to a book that may help in your drawing:Portrait Drawing By Blake, Wendon (Google Affiliate Ad)
Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.