Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quick Charcoal Sketch of Man

Quick Sketch Of a Man Named Dave
I did this quick sketch of a man named Dave while I was waiting for my kids music lesson. It took about a half hour. I was trying to get an effect of economy with my medium and not put everything in so I left out the hair on the left top and left details of cheek and brow. I could have done more with the tie and and coat but my intent was to capture an effect. I used two charcoal pencils a 2b and a medium, both were generals. the sketchbook was a Strathmore 11x14 green book.

Mans Face drawn in sketchbook

I think I did a little touch up at home with a kneaded eraser. Some times sketchbooks are unloving to charcoal projects and in the few times It was handled it was smudged.

I am happy with the project which really was a practice drawing.