Monday, May 21, 2012

Pencil Quick Sketch of Teen Girl

Quick Pencil Sketch of Young Woman

Here is a quick sketch I did of a young woman I know. She was a student in a high school art class, and sat as a model for a class of younger children to draw her. This is the picture I did as I was helping the younger kids. It was something I was doing while moving around the room and I would show one child one thing by drawing on this picture and another child another thing adding to this picture as I went around.

It is not a picture with a lot of merit except that it was drawn in a total of about 20 minutes- just a quick sketch.  To do a quick sketch is a great exercise. It really loosens you up. I started with an hb pencil and finished with a soft charcoal. I like to use charcoal since it is more forgiving and lends itself to blending and value studies exceptionally well. If I was doing a serious picture I would not have used sketchbook paper but a sheet of heavier acid free cold press paper.

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.

follow this link to a book that has helped many in their art: Portrait Drawing By Blake, Wendon (Google Affiliate Ad)