Saturday, April 27, 2013

Minimalist Charcoal Portrait of Man,

I did this drawing to occupy myself for a few minutes. This is a banker.

Minimalist Portrait in Charcoal of a Business Man.

I like to do fast sketches to capture the character or mood of a scene. I started with a few pencil marks to outline and place the features and then turned to hb charcoal pencil and finish with a medium charcoal pencil. I enjoy the discovery of the face from the lighter pencils to the darker charcoals. It becomes a relationship where the picture is talking to me and telling me how to draw it and I am replying to the picture.

There were some errors but I didn't erase them, rather I worked them over and included the errors in the creative process.

The portrait was completed in about twenty minutes.


Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

 Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.