Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Charcoal And Pencil Portrait of Man With Bushy Eyebrows


Portrait of Older Man With Bushy Eyebrows.


This is a drawing I did when I had a little free time one afternoon.

I drew it in charcoal and graphite pencil.

I spent about an hour on it and unfortunately it doesn't resemble the model as closely as I wanted but I ran out of time.

There are a lot of little things I would fix before I can feel good about it. The eyes need a lot of work, there were a lot of wrinkles and laugh lines. I would make the value a little darker and the shadow a little deeper around the brow ridge. There is a lot that could have been done with the hair, it was not grey but not black either.

Maybe I will work on it later and do an update.

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.