Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Portrait In Charcoal Of a Young Woman

Charcoal portrait of a young woman who has tousled hair is a picture I did in the odd minutes of the last few days.  It was done in light charcoal since the woman in the resource material had light hair and fair skin.


Charcoal Sketch Of Woman With Tousled Hair

My aim is not to make a picture that is like a photograph but to use the subject to be the focus of contrasting shapes, lines and values.

It did not turn out at all like I had hoped for.  I was wanting to do more with the dark areas in the hair and the dark areas in the face; it just wasn't going that way, in fact it was becoming the opposite.  It was more of a study of the light areas of the hair and the highlights of the face.

I did like the way the expression turned out;  it is kind of piercing.  You imagine the woman thinking she is about to be angry at you or something.

I kinda of gave up on it but will keep it in reference for a possible other project involving color.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.


 Use the buttons below to share this with your social networks.