Saturday, November 24, 2012

Boy With The Crooked Smile, Charcoal Drawing

Boy With The Crooked Smile Charcoal Sketch
This is a drawing of a boy that I did in Charcoal. I drew it in my sketchbook while waiting for a mechanic to work on my car; but I didn't finish it right away instead I worked on it over a few days.

It began with a pencil sketch. I went over it with a 2b charcoal pencil and finished it with a medium pencil. I used a lot of shading in this project.

In my resource material the boy was squinted in the sun so his eyes were almost closed I opened them in my drawing, The smile was a little cocky so I tried to capture it's humor.

Children are fun to draw but they are challenging since the face changes so much from year to year.

I am very happy with this drawing and think I will make an effort to sketch more portraits of children.

Adron

Please see the tab for pricing options to commission your own portrait in charcoal.