Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pencil Portrait of a Teen Aged Blond Woman

This is a teenaged fashion model.

I drew this in a small 9x6 sketchbook/ I drew it with a4b, 2b.and 6b pencils. It took about an hour. Since it was a small area there is more difficulty with details, a little mistake is bigger. I found that I had to go back over the features, again and again, to get things right.

Pencil sketch of a teenage model.
Her hair was light so I was trying to keep it light and still give some detail. I was really wishing I had some charcoal to work with but I didn't bring any with me. Charcoal gives some beautiful values in a drawing that pencil just can't match.

A lot of portraits have the neck and under jaw in dark shadows and my resource material did but I kept the values lighter because the dark jawline and neck looks contrived and makes the face look like it is coming out of some cave.  I added a dark area on the top to give the dark below the neck some balance.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my work. Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Adron 

 Click on an image in the sidebar to see more favorites.

(C)Adron Dozat